“Privacy settings are only meant to protect you from other members of the social network, but they do not shield your data from the owners of the service. Essentially you are giving all your data over to the owners and trusting them with it” (SecurityInABox.com, n.d.). To improve your online security and privacy it is important to know what you can control both online and offline.
Topics for this workshop:
- Social Media and Your Privacy
- Personal View of Connecting to the Internet and Social Network
- Know What You Can Control
- Steps You Can Take
- Useful Sites, Guides and Tools
- Review of the top Social Networks